The start of a new week can be daunting to some of us. Many of us may be anticipating important tasks on our agenda, anxiously awaiting an answer to a long-standing question that would move us into our future, meetings with colleagues, or here in the U.S. trying to keep centered in the midst of a high intensity presidential election. Or perhaps you’ve found yourself experiencing internal difficulties, whatever it is, “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz can help us transform our mindset and rid ourselves of self-limiting beliefs.
The Four Agreements
1.Be impeccable with your word
- Speak with integrity.
- Say only what you mean.
- Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
- Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t take anything personally
- Nothing others do is because of you.
- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t make assumptions
- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
- Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.
- With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always do your best
- Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
- Under any circumstance, simply do your BEST, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse, and regret.
Powerful reminders to apply to any situation!
Pick up a copy for yourself or purchase the e-book: The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz