Happy Fall all! Brisk temperatures, changing foliage, and a new harvest of vegetables brings savory seasonal recipes straight from autumns palate. Root vegetables are full of flavor and packed with nutrients, ranking them a fall favorite among many. This creamy Sweet Potato Ginger Soup is vegan/vegetarian friendly and absolutely delectable! Whether served as a small side, a starter, or a meal itself, sweet potato ginger soup warms hearts and fills bellies while intriguing the skeptics. Bring it along to your next gathering and wow your friends or simply make it to welcome Fall’s equinox.
You Will Need:
3 large sweet potatoes or yams
1 large piece of Ginger (how much you use will depend upon your likings)
1 Large or 2 medium-sized Onions, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 cups vegetable broth
1½ cups filtered water
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste ( about ½ – 1 tablespoon)
Tori tip: All ingredients are organic. Not only does it make a vast difference in flavor but also in the quality of nutrients we receive from the food. When eating whole foods our bodies tend to absorb more efficiently. We want to absorb the foods natural properties not unnecessary chemicals. “Every time you spend your money, you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want to live in.” Anna Lappe`
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into squares or rounds.
- Sauté chopped onions and minced garlic in olive oil over medium heat until clear, translucent approximately 10 mins.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes, stir frequently and cook for an additional 15 mins.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, juice or grate ginger to add in at the end.
- Add veggie broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Test how easily they mash with your spoon. Overcooking in this case will not harm the recipe so don’t panic!
- Transfer small batches to your blender, add ginger, salt, pepper and then purée. Start small with the ginger and add more as you desire.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe serves 6 large bowls. Serving just one? Adjust the recipe accordingly or freeze left over soup in large mason jars for a quick, healthy heat and serve meal!
What’s your favorite fall food or meal? Share with me below!
I hope you all enjoyed another one of my very favorite vegetarian recipes! Interested in more? Go here!
As always, thank you for joining me here!
Remember to save this recipe on Pinterest and let me know if you try it!
You can also find me here! ♥