Are you a huge fan of banana bread like me?! Banana bread has been a lifetime favorite of mine and a recipe I would hate to have the flavors tampered with but because I am moving away from dairy products I stepped out of my comfort zone. As I prepared to make my all time favorite the traditional way I veered toward creativity, change, and a more conscious decision to omit the typical stick of butter (stick of butter, yikes!) and egg. What I found was a way simpler recipe and the best dang banana bread I’ve ever tasted and believe me I’ve tasted a lot. Just 15 minutes of prep time and 45 minutes of baking that will fill your home with a mouth-watering aroma!
- ½ cup vegan sugar
- 1 ½ – 2 cups mashed ripe bananas or about 4 medium bananas
- ½ cup melted refined coconut oil or opt for Sun Coco oil which is a mix between sunflower and fractioned coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nuts or vegan chocolate chips/cocoa nibs
- Optional; cinnamon & nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Oil bottom of 9 x 5 inch loaf pan using your coconut oil or sun coco.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, bananas, coconut oil, spices and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in almond milk, and ACV. Add flour and baking soda gradually, mix well.
- Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips if desired. Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let it cool and set before slicing and enjoy!!
That’s it! Simple and oh so delectable! Do you love banana bread? What traditional favorites can you not live without? Share with me!
Thank you for joining me here♥