Sweet potato ginger soup *Vegan & *GF Friendly
3 Large sweet potatoes 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 2-inch piece of ginger 3 cups vegetable broth
2 onions chopped 1 1/2 cups water
1 clove garlic minced (I use two) Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes
- Juice 1 to 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger (you can use a grater, I just chop garlic and add to blender at end) Set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add broth and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover for about 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Puree small batches in a blender until smooth and creamy
- Add salt, pepper, and ginger to taste.
Feel free to tweak the recipe to honor your palette – I have found it to be delicious with less onion and ginger as well.